Good Morning Arkansas! I was once again offered the amazing opportunity to appear on the KATV morning show to review a few of my favorite hair care products. Needless to say, I was still pretty nervous, but I tried not to focus on the cameras this time! See the adorable outfit I wore to host the segment and see the great products I talked about below!
Oh, how I love Kate Spade. The prints and silhouettes the fashion house produces just takes my breath away. The Della dress in Blooms is a favorite spring/summer dress of mine. Since the print of the dress is so bold, I usually opt for nude shoes, but this time I decided to mix bold with bold! The floral heels I’ve featured on the blog before compliment the shades of pink found in the dress while not stealing too much of the dress’s thunder. Add a neutral black bag and voila! A gorgeous outfit to combat the summer heat. Keep reading to discover new products that will help your curly hair stay strong in the summer!
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Shampoo: This shampoo and conditioner duo from Marc Anthony work together to make your curly hair more manageable during the summer heat. The sulfate free formula includes Vitamin E and Hydrolyzed Silk to nourish your hair by restoring its natural moisture and shine. Available at Walgreens & Walmart.
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Conditioner: When used with the Strictly Curls Shampoo, this conditioner uses its soya bean, shea butter, and sunflower seed formula to protect your precious curls from heat and humidity. Available at Walgreens & Walmart.
- Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Deep Moisture Milk Souffle: I featured this soufflé the last time I was on Good Morning Arkansas, but I had to bring it back to show off its abilities to tame the frizz that inevitably comes with having curly hair in the summer. The milk protein adds extra nourishment and moisture to keep those flyaways in check! To use: massage from roots to ends on wet, damp, or dry hair and style as desired. Available at CVS and DesignEssentials.com.
- Design Essentials Natural Honey Curl Forming Custard: I will start out by saying this product smells incredible! I honestly wish I could diffuse it in my bathroom every morning. This custard is infused with honey and chamomile to shape and elongate curls throughout the day. To use: work product into your hair in sections, then style as desired using your fingers. Air dry or dry with a diffuser. Available at CVS and DesignEssentials.com.
- Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Dual Hydration Milk: This milk protein and marula oil product protects your hair from damage in the heat. To use: work a small drop of the milk into damp hair then style as desired. Available at CVS and DesignEssentials.com.
- Design Essentials Coconut & Monoi Coconut Curl Refresher Mist: This mist, my favorite of the products, gives your curls that revitalizing shine they need to look healthy throughout the day. The mist features a triple action formula with sunflower, chamomile, and milk protein that also works to tame frizz. To use: mist your damp or dry hair and work into your curls from roots to ends. Available at CVS and DesignEssentials.com.
- DIY Greek Yogurt & Honey Hair Mask: Ok beauty DIY’ers, it’s your turn! Deep conditioning with a Greek yogurt and honey hair mask will give your curls that extra boost you need to make it through the summer! The enzymes in the yogurt will restore your hair’s moisture and strengthen your ends for bouncy, full curls. It also combats frizz and dandruff. Adding a small amount of honey gives your hair a touch of shine!
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (any brand)
- 1 tablespoon honey (any brand)
- Bowl & spoon to mix into a creamy texture
- Massage into hair and leave for 20 minutes
- Rinse and continue with your shampoo & condition routine
Thank you, again, to KATV for giving me the opportunity to share these products with Good Morning Arkansas and to my followers! Like last time, it will take a few days for the segment to be posted online. I will post the link as soon as it’s up so keep checking back! In the meantime, read about my last experience on Good Morning Arkansas here and see the segment here!