Lip products never used to be my thing. I remember getting ready for a semi-formal in college and snapping a pic of my finished outfit and (minimal) makeup for a group text message and receiving the reply “Don’t forget the lips!” Pshh. Not for me. But as my interest in makeup grew from not owning an eyeliner pencil to being this close to achieving VIB Rouge status (spending $1,000 in a calendar year) at Sephora, lipsticks became more and more appealing. You can shop my favorite lipstick shades from my makeup bag here.
Enter Bite Beauty‘s Amuse Bouche lipsticks. These lippies are a creamy, colorful punch for the lips. The entire Amuse Bouche collection is comprised of 34 handcrafted shades that are made from 12 edible oils. Not even joking. I received three soon-to-be released shades of the new Amuse Bouche lipsticks from Bite Beauty for a test run: Pepper, Gazpacho, and Beetroot. I’ll break down the pros and cons for you below.
- Creamy formula
- Pigmented with only one swipe
- Glossy finish
- Pleasant but not overpowering citrus scent
- Buildable formula allows for easy reapplication
- Long-wearing…until you eat. Then you’ll have to reapply.
- Product takes a while to set on the lips. It will remain very creamy for up to 30 minutes after initial application.
This post is sponsored by Bite Beauty, but all opinions are my own. Obviously!